Haryana, one of the developing states of our country is popularly known for lush green fields and agriculture where women dressed in long colourful ghagras and shirt with a big ghungat are seen with men working on farms. Most of the Bollywood movies and serials also depict Haryana the same way. But when we explore the other side of this state, Haryana tourism has redefined this place beyond our imagination with planned towns and tourist destinations for the progress of their state. One such beautiful and unexplored place which will take your breath away is the Panchkula!
Location÷ Panchkula district, Haryana.
How to reach÷
1. By Air÷ Nearest airport is Chandigarh
2. By rail÷ Nearest rail route is also Chandigarh
3. By road÷ Panchkula bus stop, sector 5.
Chandigarh is just 4kms away from Panchkula!
Panchkula is popularly known for its scenic beauty, religious shrines, planned towns, ancient remains and historical monuments.
Major Attractions include÷
1. Nada Sahib Gurdwara÷ A beautiful and majestic Gurdwara, which is located at a distance of 17kms from the place is a religious destination for the Sikhs. It is built on the banks of Ghaggar-Hakra river. People say that The great Guru Gobind Singh would rest here while on his journey. The Gurdwara holds a peaceful ambience and serene aura.
2. Mata Mansa Devi Mandir÷ This temple which is known for shakti, is a temple of Goddess Mansa Devi. It is believed that the head of Sati Devi had fallen at this place.
3. Morni Hill station÷ The only hill station of the place which is 20kms away from the city is about 3600ft above the sea level in the Sivalik ranges. Morni is a nature's beauty nestled amidst the green paradise and a proud owner of many historic monuments. The climate here is pleasant and a home to many adventurous activities like mountain climbing, rope climbing, trekking etc.
Other attractions at Morni include÷
A. Tikkar Tal lake÷ Here, you can sit by the lake and enjoy sunset or go for boating with your loved one.
B. Morni fort÷ This magnificent fort is built on a height from where the entire Morni can be seen. This fort is a dwelling place for Lord Shiva's temple.
C. Adventure Park÷ The Haryana tourism has taken care of tourists and keeping in mind about the kids, the adventure park is built for enjoyment and thrilling experiences. This park includes zip line, Burma bridge, net climbing, monkey maze, swings and even a horror house for kids.
4. Pinjore Gardens÷ About 20kms from Chandigarh, on the way to Shimla is a spellbinding and beautiful garden known as Pinjore Gardens or Yadavindra Garden renamed by Maharaja Yadavindra Singh.
This ravishing garden is jawdroppingly awesome and has many attractions inside it. The garden opens at 7.am and closes at 9.pm.
Main attractions include÷
A. Green lawns÷ Here one can sit peacefully and enjoy games with their family or do photography.
B. Sheesh Mahal÷ Towards the end of the Garden is a Sheesh mahal which was anciently built as a temporary resting place for ladies of the kingdom. The inside of the mahal is made up of glass with symmetry design, mesmerizing everyone.
C.Rang Mahal÷ It is a small monument where the king of Patiala would reside.
D. Central water Channels÷ Water channels across the gardens are made to increase it's beauty with fountains. You can have a stroll through the aisle along the water flowing gently.
The garden also has a mini zoo and Japanese botanical garden. You can take away your favorite plant from the plant nursery.
Summing up, Panchkula has many intriguing places to see and enjoy, adding memories to your travel diaries which is uncommon giving you a different experience. So, are you ready to explore Panchkula?